Children need as much sun protection in the snow as you do. Suggestions include:
- Instill good habits early. If you protect your child from a young age, they will learn to be sun smart through example.
- Apply sunscreen 20-30 minutes before heading outside and reapply every two hours. Many companies produce sensitive skin formulas that are suitable for children.
- If the weather is warming up and your children are wearing lighter clothing, make sure they still have long sleeves and high necklines.
- Children’s headwear should provide protection for their ears, as well as their heads.
- Toddlers are great imitators and are more likely to wear their sunglasses or goggles if you lead by example and wear yours.
- Eyewear for children should have plastic instead of glass lenses for safety reasons.